International Conference on Photonics, Optics and Laser Technology
March 13 - 15, 2015
Regular Paper Submission: September 30, 2014
Authors Notification (regular papers): December 19, 2014
Final Regular Paper Submission and Registration: January 12, 2015
International Conference on Photonics, Optics and Laser Technology (PHOTOPTICS 2015 - http://www.photoptics.org/) steering committee cordially invites you to submit a paper to the PHOTOPTICS 2015 Conference, to be held in Berlin, Germany. The deadline for paper submission is scheduled for September 30, 2014.
Optical systems are ubiquitous in modern society, from medical sciences to space exploration, telecommunications, information processing and innumerous industrial and military applications of all kinds.
This 3rd edition of PHOTOPTICS will feature 3 different tracks on Optics, Photonics and Lasers, covering both theoretical and practical aspects. Researchers, engineers and practitioners interested in any of these fields are welcome to join us in Berlin and present their work on new methods or technologies, advanced prototypes, systems, tools and techniques, as well as general survey papers indicating future directions.
We would like to highlight the presence of the following keynote speakers:
- Ludger Woste, Freie Universitat Berlin, Germany
- Orlando Frazao, INESC Porto, Portugal
- Klaus Petermann, Technische Universitat Berlin, Germany
- Joao Magueijo, Imperial College London, United Kingdom
PHOTOPTICS joins the commemorations of 2015 International Year of Light and Light-based Technologies, as UN General Assembly proclaimed in 2013, by dedicating the keynotes to this ephemerid.
PHOTOPTICS is interested in promoting high quality research as it can be confirmed by last year acceptance rates, where from 82 submissions, 11% were accepted as full papers. Additionally, 16% were presented as short papers and 16% as posters.
Submitted papers will be subject to a double-blind review process. All accepted papers will be published in the conference proceedings, under an ISBN reference, on paper and on CD-ROM support.
The proceedings will be submitted for indexation by Thomson Reuters Conference Proceedings Citation Index (ISI), INSPEC, DBLP, EI (Elsevier Index) and Scopus.
All papers presented at the conference venue will be available at the SCITEPRESS Digital Library (http://www.scitepress.org/DigitalLibrary/). SCITEPRESS is a member of CrossRef (http://www.crossref.org/).
Best paper awards will be distributed during the conference closing session. Please check the website for further information (http://www.photoptics.org/BestPaperAward.aspx).
Workshops, Special sessions, Tutorials as well as Demonstrations dedicated to other technical/scientific topics are also envisaged: companies interested in presenting their products/methodologies or researchers interested in holding a tutorial are invited to contact the conference secretariat. Workshop chairs and Special Session chairs will benefit from logistics support and other types of support, including secretariat and financial support, to facilitate the development of a valid idea.
Area 1: Optics
- Fiber Optics
- Biomedical Optics
- Computational Optical Sensing and Imaging
- Optical Instrumentation
- Optics in Astronomy and Astrophysics
- Spectroscopy, Imaging and Metrology
- Optical Communications and Networking
- Artificial Vision
- Photorefractive Effects, Materials, and Devices
- System Reliability and Security
- Optical Materials
Area 2: Photonics
- Display Technology
- Organic and Bio-photonics
- MEMS and Nanophotonics
- Microwave Photonics
- Power Photonics
- Photonic and Optoelectronic Materials and Devices
- Photonic in Communications and Switching
- Ultrafast Electronics, Photonics and Optoelectronics
- Green Photonics
- Photodetectors, Sensors and Imaging
- Nonlinear Optics
Area 3: Lasers
- High Intensity Lasers and High Field Phenomena
- Quantum Electronics and Laser Science
- Quantum Information and Measurement
- Biomedical and Therapeutic Laser Applications
- Laser Microscopy
- Fiber Lasers and Applications
- Waveguide Lasers
- Semiconductor Lasers and LEDs
- Weapons and Military Technology
- Plasma Technologies